The Technical Leader will drive the efficient delivery of change through analysis, definition, and documentation of requirements whilst identifying potential solutions using agile delivery frameworks.
What you’ll be doing
- Work in small, highly collaborative agile teams. You and the team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that support Tyme and our customers.
- Align with stakeholders across Tyme on best practices around APIs, security, compliance, roadmap, and reliability.
- Help drive technical direction of software features.
- Build highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable APIs to handle high-volume transactions.
- We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
At Tyme, we optimize for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We’re looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else.
Your Skills and Experience
You should have:
- A pragmatic mindset.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full development life cycle (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operation, monitoring, etc.).
- With at least 8+ years experience working in software development, we also welcome strong candidates having fewer years of experience.
- Preferably with 3+ years of experience in Java. We also welcome other general-purpose programming languages, but are not limited to Java.
- Understanding of system design and tuning for high performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Strong database and schema design for large-scale and finance systems.
- Great problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience with event-driven architecture or message queue system
- Professional experience working with cloud (either AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experience in enterprise architecture.
- Working proficiency in English.
- The ability to work and live in Ho Chi Minh City
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science or a related discipline with proven “hands-on” development experience
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We pride ourselves on being cutting edge and stretching the limits of all our personnel – whether you are a mobile engineer, in quality assurance or a technical lead architect in our team. Our engineering teams form a cohesive, collaborative and motivated community that delivers innovative solutions to our businesses in Asia and Africa.
You’ll love working with us if you are:
- Passionate about technology
- Independent but also a good team player
- Comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity
- Focused on usability and speed
- Keen on presenting your ideas to your peers and management
At TYME Global opportunities are here for the taking. If want to be part of our purpose and live and lead through our values, we can offer exciting development opportunities through expanded lateral roles, stretch assignments or people leadership.
Some of our benefits:
- Meal and parking allowance covered by the company.
- Full benefits and salary rank during probation.
- Insurances as Vietnamese labor law and premium health care for you and your family.
- SMART goals and clear career opportunities (technical seminar, conference and career talk) – we focus on your development.
- Values-driven, international working environment and agile culture.
- Overseas travel opportunities for training and working related.
- Internal Hackathons and company events (team building, coffee run, blue card…)
- 13th-month salary and performance bonus.
- 15-day annual + 3-day sick leave per year from the company.
- Work-life balance 40-hr per week from Mon to Fri.