The Principal Business Analyst is a very senior role in the Business Analyst Team. Together with BA Lead, you should boost the quality of business analysis and bring excellence to BA practices via continuous improvement.
General Business Analyst
- Gather, organize and synthesize large amounts of information from various sources
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs, concerns and the environment that they operate in
- Effectively communicate requirements to stakeholders, managing conflicts, issues and changes in order to ensure that stakeholders and project team members remain in agreement on solution scope and actual needs as opposed to stated or superficial needs are addressed and adhered to
- Effectively identify and define business needs and problems/issues to enable a feasible solution scope to be developed.
- Define and clarify business requirements then perform further analysis to define detailed requirements
- Ensure the Team understand the product requirements & backlog and the product is delivered at high quality
- Conduct product training as needed
Specifically for the Principal Business Analyst
- Business analysis planning and monitoring to determine which activities are necessary in order to identify and define relevant stakeholders, select appropriate techniques and processes to manage requirements, and constant assessment of progress
- Ongoing engage stakeholders to ensure that all project scope decisions are understood and agreed to and that all their needs are met
- Work with Architects, technical leads, and other technical roles to design optimal solutions.
- Ensure business needs & technical solutions are well met.
- Look at the big picture and provide insights to let technology solutions be aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Identify & manage gaps, technical issues & risks, then assist with mitigation strategies.
- Retain and transfer product knowledge within digital teams and with business stakeholders
- Take ownership of your feature areas.
- Contribute in develop, manage, and prioritize the product backlog.
- Coach & Train Junior BAs
- Provide right support and review to other BAs to ensure business analysis artifacts & products are delivered at high quality.
- Excellent communication in English is the must
- Excellent elicitation skills
- Proficient in requirement modeling techniques such as use case, process modeling, user story
- Good at requirement management & communication
- Minimum eight-year experience working on technology-enabled projects or software development
- Minimum of five years’ business analysis or system analysis experience
- Financial Services Industry Experience
- Experience in full software development lifecycle & application lifecycle
- Fully understanding of BABOK® Knowledge Areas
- Relevant IT or business tertiary qualifications
- Recognized industry certifications
- Demonstrates a strong commercial acumen with a desire to base decisions on data and business value
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and communicate complex business requirements
- Comfort with working across multiple streams in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment